Singapore-based Global Esports Federation (GEF) has revealed the members of its Brand, Marketing, Commercial and Communication Commission, which will be led by senior Italian soccer executive Lorenzo Giorgetti. Already a GEF board member, Giorgetti is chief commercial officer of A.C. Milan.
Filling out the commission are a range of senior executives across the traditional sports industry. The list includes:
- Jerry Ling, chief of staff, World Taekwondo.
- Chris Overholt, president and CEO, OverActive Media Group (parent company of esports teams MAD Lions, Toronto Defiant, and Toronto Ultra).
- Peter Zeytoonjian, senior vice president, United States Olympic and Paralympic Properties.
- Yasuhiro Nakamori, director, sport department, Japanese Olympic Committee.
- Ali Kiremitcioglu, executive board member, National Olympic Committee of Turkey.
- Anne Kelly Aikman, international sports marketer, former vice president in marketing at the International Olympic Committee.
- Marco Nazzari, managing director, international, Nielsen Sports.
The GEF launched last year “to convene the world’s esports ecosystem,” according to its marketing. At a time when there is no single recognized federation for competitive gaming, various hopeful groups are partnering with traditional sports organizations—in May the GEF signed an exploratory partnership with the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF).
Tencent Esports is a founding partner of the GEF, however, to-date no esports events or focus game titles have been announced.
Source: Read Full Article