We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Apex Legends developer Respawn is getting ready to unleash a huge new update on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PC. The next Apex Legends update has an August 9 release date and a 6pm BST UK launch time. The headline feature is the addition of a brand new character named Vantage. The sniper specialist can scope out enemies from a great distance, and use her winged companion to make up ground. As you can see from the patch notes below, the new update also makes changes to Kings Canyon, adding a new battleground for the Apex Games. Other new features include a level cap increase, as well as various quality of life improvements and balance changes. Read on for more about the Apex Legends Vantage update.
• Vantage – Survivalist Sniper
– Xiomara “Mara” Contreras is a survivalist who can see a threat coming from down her sniper scope from thousands of meters away.
– Born to a wrongfully-convicted criminal who gave birth to her alone on the barren ice planet Págos, Vantage has grown into the ultimate survivalist.
– Forced to live off a hostile land, she became unfathomably good with a scoped weapon.
• PASSIVE: Spotter’s Lens
– Aim down sights to scout with your eyepiece (unarmed or with mid- to long-range scopes) and use a bullet drop indicator to see where your shots will land.
• TACTICAL: Echo Location
– Position your winged companion Echo and then Launch towards him. Must have line of sight to Echo for Launch.
• ULTIMATE: Sniper’s Mark
– Use your custom sniper rifle to mark enemy targets which applies a damage bonus for you and your team.
REFORGED KINGS CANYON UPDATE
– In Season 5, Skull Town and Thunderdome were sunk by a massive explosion caused by Loba.
– Now that the Salvage operation is complete, the Syndicate has rebuilt the area for the Apex Games.
– Dredging machines have refilled the space with sand from the ocean floor, and a new battleground has been rebuilt with the iconic skull as its centerpiece.
LEVEL CAP INCREASE
– Players can now level past account level 500 through 3 additional tiers of 500 levels bringing the effective level maximum to Level 500 Tier 3.
– This increase adds 345 additional Apex Packs earnable via account leveling, and ensures that everyone can earn an heirloom just by playing the game.
– The total number of Apex Packs earnable via account leveling is now 544.
– Certain Battle Pass challenges can now be completed in either Battle Royale or non-Battle Royale modes, giving you the flexibility to complete the Battle Pass your way.
QUALITY OF LIFE
• New Mode/Map name UI element on load screen and start flow.
• “Winning” and “Champion” tags added to the scoreboard.
• Added ability to use “tap” interact prompts when they conflict with “hold” (e.g. reloading near downed teammates is now a lot more reliable on controller).
• Added flourish to the crafting materials in the top right of the HUD when they increase.
• Added a flourish to items if they become craftable while in the crafting station UI.
• Added accessibility switch for turning on and off TTS (Text-to-speech), defaulting to what your console or system has it set to (where available)
• When dropping from the dropship, the location of the POI player lands in is now displayed.
• Hipfire reticles now change size based on the FoV
• Fixed bug where canceling a Lifeline revive would cancel it for other teammates also being revived by Lifeline.
• Fixed bug where players could not deal melee damage to Caustic Gas Barrels or Octanes Jump Pads.
• Fix for issue where the buy menu would close each time a teammate completes a purchase/and or closes the buy menu.
• Crypto’s Ultimate now destroys Wattson’s Pylon.
• Fix for issue where Crypto’s heirloom animation audio would play globally when using a survey beacon.
• Fix for issue where players could sometimes get stuck while crouched between a Replicator and Black Market after crafting.
• Fixed bug where players could not unlock the “Fully Kitted” badge.
• Fix for issue for Legends losing functionality like meleeing, using an ability, etc, while mantling.
• Fix for bug where players could not switch ammo types for the C.A.R. SMG.
• Newcastle – fix for issue where Newcastle could get stuck in their Ultimate animation while riding a zipline.
• Newcastle – fixed bug where throwables placed on a Mobile Shield would start floating after the Mobile Shield disappears.
• Newcastle – fix for cases where players wouldn’t take damage from ordnance or activate Caustic’s barrels when positioned between a Tactical Shield and its drone.
• Newcastle – fix for bug where throwable abilities placed on a Mobile Shield could float away after the Mobile Shield disappears.
• Wraith – fix for bug where Wraith would still take damage in the Ring while phasing.
• Fix for a reload bug with the Mastiff and 30-30 Repeater where players could not ADS until reloading animation was finished.
• Fixed bug where Crypto’s melee animations wouldn’t show his heirloom while in third person.
• Vending Machines in Big Maude now have buyer protection.
• Fixed an issue that could cause some stuttering and framerate spikes on consoles, especially PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
• Fix for bug where the Dropship would sometimes spawn players outside the ship.
• Fixed a bug where Heat Shields would disappear when placed under a respawn beacon, or mobile respawn beacon, and then the beacon was used.
• Fixed a bug where Pathfinder’s zipline would be destroyed if placed on top of a respawn beacon and then the beacon was used.
• Fix for cases when a Heat Shield could disappear when set under a Respawn Beacon that is activated.
• Fix for a bug where Mirage decoys would not show up on scan for a few Legends.
Source: Read Full Article