Today has seen a big Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update released on PS4 and Xbox One.
Unfortunately for gamers on Xbox One, most of today’s big Call of Duty changes have arrived on PS4 only.
This will change next week but it means waiting seven days for access to most of the new Days of Summer seasonal game update.
This new COD content expands across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies Modes and makes some sizable tweaks to the weapons available too.
You can find new details on today’s Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update below, with Treyarch releasing extensive patch notes.
CAPTURE THE FLAG
Capture the Flag launches today as our newest Featured Playlist on PS4! It’s classic CTF gameplay: grab your opponent’s flag, run it back to your base, protect your own flag at the spawn and get the capture. First team to capture three times or get the most captures wins the round, and the first team to win two rounds takes the match. Time to set up your best Lightweight loadout and hit the ground running.
Today’s update also brings a treasure trove of new and classic weapons for MP, with a Weapon Bribe at Tier 25 in the Contraband stream, the new Vendetta sniper rifle at Tier 50, and the S6 Stingray tactical rifle, Peacekeeper assault rifle, Locus bolt-action sniper rifle, and Ballistic Knife now available in the Black Market and unlockable through the Weapon Bribe.
Days of Summer brings new summer lighting and foliage to the main map, along with new hidden Coolers containing Paint Can rewards, throwable Water Balloons, and seasonal decorations throughout the map including BBQ-themed parties, balloons, yard flamingos, flags, and pool floats.
Now that the flood is over, players will see changes all across the map: the floodwater has receded, Hydro Dam is under reconstruction, Factory is being repaired, Cargo Docks has been restored with new layout changes, and Hijacked has set sail for the cove at Nuketown Island.
Ground War makes its debut today with large-scale 50 vs. 50 warfare in Blackout! Drop in along your team’s flightpath or get behind enemy lines early on, and eliminate the opposing team to secure the win. More loot than usual will spawn throughout the map, ammo drops are doubled, and “Down But Not Out”-style redeploys are enabled to help keep the action going until the final circle. We’ve also disabled friendly fire in Ground War, and players can revive any downed players in their team, not just those in their immediate squad. Get out there and let us know what you think of the biggest battle ever in Call of Duty history.
Take a ride in the new Attack Helicopter with two mounted heavy turrets, and deploy the Hawk to scout for enemies throughout the map. We’ve also added the new Coward’s Way Out feature in redeploy modes, allowing players to hold the USE button to reduce the time spent in the downed state. This can be used tactically to queue up in time for the next redeploy, or to simply get on with it if your friends can’t revive you in time.
Zombies fans get plenty to sink their teeth into this week with a brand new Gauntlet, four new Epic Elixirs, new weapons, Gauntlet Leaderboards, new Mastercraft and MKII Weapon support, gameplay improvements, and more!
First up, the new Labours of Hercules Gauntlet is now live in “Ancient Evil” on PS4, featuring 30 new challenges to take on with your squad. Players on all platforms can also now track their standings against their friends and others in our new Gauntlet Leaderboards, tracking your Highest Round, Best Gold, Best Silver, Best Bronze, and Kills across all Gauntlets.
CALL OF DUTY UPDATE NOTES:
- Free Grind map (PS4).
- Capture the Flag (PS4).
- Support added for new weapons: S6 Stingray, Vendetta, Locus, Peacekeeper, Grav, and Ballistic Knife (PS4).
- Gameplay tuning for weapons and Specialists.
- Launchers and Equipment now restricted in Bolt-Action Barebones.
- Featured Playlists updated on all platforms.
- Summer map updates and post-flood map update (PS4).
- Ground War limited-time mode (PS4).
- Attack Helicopter added (PS4).
- Hawk now available (PS4).
- Support added for Grav assault rifle attachments. (PS4)
- Coward’s Way Out feature added (PS4).
- Featured Playlists updated on all platforms.
- “Labours of Hercules” Gauntlet (PS4).
- New Epic Elixirs available in the Laboratory: Perkaholic, Near Death Experience, Reign Drops, and Shopping Free (PS4).
- Support added for S6 Stingray, Peacekeeper, Vendetta, Locus, and Ballistic Knife (PS4).
- Support added for Grav assault rifle attachments (PS4).
- Support added for new Mastercrafts (PS4).
- Support added for new MKII Weapons.
- Gauntlet Leaderboards added on all platforms.
- “Perk Up” rarity changed from Epic to Legendary.
- Various gameplay improvements and bug fixes.
World League Hub
- Reinstated escalating temporary bans for players who leave League Play matches.
- Community Challenge now live to unlock the Grav assault rifle (PS4).
- Weapon Bribe now earnable at Tier 25 in Contraband (PS4).
- Vendetta sniper rifle now earnable at Tier 50 in Contraband (PS4).
- S6 Stingray, Locus, Peacekeeper, and Ballistic Knife now available in the Black Market and unlockable through the Weapon Bribe (PS4).
- New MKII Weapons, Weapon Camos, Outfits, Weapon Charms, Death Effects, Jump Packs, Gestures, and more now available in the Black Market
Source: Read Full Article