The first benchmarks for the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 have appeared online, and they seem to confirm earlier rumors of a huge leap in performance.
We’ve just got our first look at the new GeForce RTX 30-series cards from Nvidia’s live press event last week and now we have our first set of benchmarks comparing them to the RTX 20-series. And as the rumors led us to believe, the results are truly staggering.
This news comes courtesy of Chinese tech site TecLab, which somehow got their hands on an RTX 3080 ahead of anyone else. The benchmark test then made its way to the Chinese social media site Bilibili before finding its way to the Nvidia subreddit. With helpful translation courtesy of user Nestledrink, we have some hard figures to report on the RTX 3080’s performance.
RTX 3080 Software Benchmarks
- Firestrike: +25% vs 2080 Ti, +43% vs 2080 Super
- Firestrike Extreme: +24% vs 2080 Ti, +45% vs 2080 Super
- Firestrike Ultra: +36% vs 2080 Ti, +64% vs 2080 Super
- Timespy: +28% vs 2080 Ti, +49% vs 2080 Super
- TimeSpy Extreme: +38% vs 2080 Ti, +59% vs 2080 Super
- Port Royal: +45% vs 2080 Ti, +64% vs 2080 Super
RTX 3080 Game Benchmarks
- Far Cry 5 4K Ultra: 99 FPS, +62% vs 2080 Super
- Borderlands 3 4K Crazy: 61.05 FPS, +56% vs 2080 Super
- Horizon Zero Dawn 4K Ultra: 76 FPS, N/A
- AC Odyssey 4K: 67 FPS, +48% vs 2080 Super
- Forza Horizon 4 4K: 147 FPS, +48% vs 2080 Super
RTX 3080 DLSS Benchmarks
- SOTR: 101 fps with RTX and DLSS on, 83 fps with RTX on and DLSS off
- Control: 90 fps with RTX and DLSS on, 50 fps with RTX on and DLSS off
- Death Stranding: 160-170 fps with DLSS on, 100-110 fps with DLSS off
As indicated in earlier leaks, the RTX 3080 seems to enjoy roughly a 30% increase in performance over the 2080 Ti and roughly a 50% performance increase over the 2080 Super. This means that the 3080 likely has more than half again as much performance than the regular RTX 2080.
Stay tuned as more benchmarks become available.
Source: Read Full Article