When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Fortnite update 16.40 is about to be released on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android.
The next major Fortnite update has a May 11 release date on consoles and PC.
As a big numbered update, v16.40 will launch alongside a period of server downtime, which kicks off at 9am BST in the UK.
While there’s no official server downtime schedule, fans can expect the game to come back online by 11am BST at the latest.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, complete with teasers and streamlined patch notes for update 16.40.
“Your offering will be applAUded,” reads a Fortnite tweet. “The v16.40 game update is scheduled for release on May 11. Downtime will begin at approx. 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).”
Based on the wording of Epic’s tweet, some fans believe Fortnite is preparing for a Hunger Games crossover. Participants in the Hunger Games are referred to as Tributes, which ties in to Epic’s teaser.
Epic is also teasing the release of a female Oro skin, which you can get a glimpse of in the tweet below.
According to the update 16.40 patch notes, the Exotic Marksman Six Shooter will join the game, while the Dub shotgun will be vaulted.
You can see the full list of Fortnite update 16.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 16.40 patch notes…
• Line ‘em up and knock ‘em down with the Exotic Marksman Six Shooter
• New summer-themed additions in Creative
• Catch a win in the next Wild Week starting May 13
• As part of this update, we’ll be vaulting the Exotic shotgun The Dub
Update 16.40 General fixes…
• Visual issues on Toon Meowscles and similarly-styled Outfits on certain platforms.
– We are aware of visual issues with the Toon Meowscles and similarly-styled Outfits on the PC Performance Mode alpha, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
• Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite.
– When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level parties that include players on both PS5 and PS4.
• Trail colour of the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe doesn’t always match the selected Style.
– The trail colour when swinging the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe doesn’t always match the selected Pickaxe Style.
Update 16.40 Battle Royale fixes…
• Landing at a different location than intended.
– Players will rarely find themselves dropped at a different location than where they were gliding towards after jumping out of the Battle Bus.
• Long-pressing the Inventory Button selects first Craftable item.
– When long-pressing the Inventory button to pull up the Crafting tab, players may sometimes see their first Craftable item selected instead of their equipped item if they have multiple craftable Items in their Inventory.
• “Hunt Wildlife” Quest not tracking progress properly.
– The “Hunt Wildlife” Quest is currently not tracking progress properly.
Update 16.40 Creative fixes…
• HUD displaying incorrect memory cost before placing device or Gallery.
– Before placing a Device or Gallery, the pre-placement HUD displays the incorrect memory cost.
• Build not properly editing when building/editing fast in Creative.
– Rapidly editing / triple editing builds will sometimes not properly edit the selected piece in Creative Mode.
• Prop-O-Matic features not functioning correctly.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing the Prop-O-Matic features to not function correctly.
• “Recent Islands” list does not update.
– We’re investigating an issue where the “Recent Islands” list does not update after entering an Island.
• Small white boxes appears on Consumable thumbnails.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing small white boxes appears on Consumable thumbnails.
Update 16.40 Mobile fixes…
• Players cannot change their custom controller settings while playing Nintendo Switch in docked mode.
– In docked mode, players are shown a ‘Keep These Video Settings?’ message and are unable to change their custom controls.
Source: Read Full Article