Nintendo Switch Lite is the only new console Nintendo is planning to release this year, it has been revealed.
The smaller, lighter and handheld-only Switch Lite was announced out of the blue earlier this week.
The upcoming console ditches the detachable Joy-Cons and TV dock in favour of a portable experience for gamers on the go.
It’s perfect for fans who rarely play the Nintendo Switch on the TV, but not for gamers waiting for a more powerful model to launch.
Indeed, recent rumours suggested that the Switch Lite would be joined by another new model later this year.
Similar to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, the second Nintendo Switch console was said to feature upgraded hardware for an improved gaming experience.
Fans were hoping for a speedier processor, better graphics card, more storage and ideally a longer lasting battery.
Unfortunately, however, Nintendo of America boss Doug Bowser has ruled out a Nintendo Switch Pro, or at least for the time being.
Speaking to CNET, Bowser said that the Nintendo Switch Lite would be the only new device launching this year.
While a new and improved model could launch eventually, don’t expect an announcement until 2020 at the earliest.
On the plus side, the regular Nintendo Switch will receive a slight hardware upgrade, as Nintendo introduces a new processor and flash storage.
As for the Nintendo Switch Lite, fans will be able to pick it up from September 20 and at a lower price.
The only drawback to the new console is that you won’t be able to play games that rely solely on Joy-Con motion controllers and the likes.
This means you won’t be able to play 1-2 Switch and Nintendo Labo on the new device.
The new console is currently available to pre-order from sites such as Amazon for £199.
Source: Read Full Article