Tempoross has finally surfaced in Old School RuneScape, giving you a new way to level up your Fishing skill. The watery boss will be available to all members with at least level 35 Fishing and can be found by traveling to the Sea Spirit Dock just south of Al Kharid.
Tempoross in OSRS is meant to provide an “accessible, social encounter as an alternative to the current hands-off leveling methods,” according to Jagex. “You can tackle the Spirit of the Sea on your own or in a group, as Tempoross will scale to your team’s size. This encounter complements existing Fishing methods and the current meta, and is not a replacement.”
Fishing XP will scale based on your level, with players between 35-70 finding some of the best XP return rates in the game. The only downside? You won’t be catching much fish – and fighting Tempoross is much more labor-intensive than some other AFK methods. Here’s a quick breakdown of the expected XP gains:
- 35 Fishing: 30,000 XP per hour
- 70 Fishing: 70,000 XP per hour
- 99 Fishing: 80,000 XP per hour
Jagex announced it will be listening to feedback about the XP rates and is open to adjusting those numbers as needed.
Tempoross OSRS Rewards
While you might not land as many fish while fighting Tempoross, there are several great rewards you can walk away with:
- Fish Barrel: Store a total of 28 raw fish of multiple species. Combine the Fish Barrel with the Fish Sack to create an equipable version that can be worn in the cape slot. The Fish Sack can be purchased from Alry the Angler on Molch Island for 1,000 molch pearls.
- Tackle Box: Provides additional storage for fishing equipment such as rods, feathers, and bait.
- Spirit Angler’s Outfit Style: Combine Spirit Flakes with the Angler’s Outfit to change it into the Spirit Angler’s Outfit. This shares the same stats as the Angler’s outfit but comes with a flash new design.
There are several other rewards for battling Tempoross, so check out the official OSRS website to learn more.
Tempoross is now available in OSRS for all members with at least a 35 Fishing level.
NEXT: Game Pass Means Arkane Can Continue To Make The Best Games In The Business
- Game News
Jon Bitner is an Associate Editor for TheGamer. His passion for gaming started with his first console (Sega Genesis) and he hasn’t stopped playing since. His favorite titles include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Pokémon Sword & Shield, Old School Runescape, Skyrim, and Breath of the Wild. He can usually be found playing the latest RPG, FPS, or some obscure mobile game. Before working as Associate News Editor, Jon earned a Biology degree and worked in the Biotechnology sector — experiences that taught him how to put words together and make sentences. When not playing or writing about the gaming industry, he enjoys sleeping, eating, and staring at birds.
Source: Read Full Article