Overwatch 2 Season 4 is moments away from making its debut on PS5, PS4, Xbox consoles, PC and Nintendo Switch. The new Overwatch 2 season has an April 11 release date and a 6pm BST start time for fans living in the UK. While there’s no server downtime to speak of, the new Overwatch 2 season will be accompanied by a big update, which is packed full of new features, including a new Hero named Lifeweaver.
The new Overwatch 2 character is a Support Hero with the ability to heal teammates and pull them to his position.
Fans who purchase the Battle Pass can unlock Lifeweaver instantly, although you can also try the Hero in the Training Gallery and as part of the limited time B.O.B. and Weave game mode.
Available for two weeks until April 25, the B.O.B. and Weave game mode is a 3v3 deathmatch.
“Everyone plays Lifeweaver, and each team will get a single B.O.B that call be pulled around the map using Life Grip to eliminate your enemies,” Blizzard explains.
“Don’t forget to complete your event challenges to earn special Lifeweaver and Thai New Year rewards before the fun ends April 25!”
More new game modes will be available throughout the season, alongside the Galactic Emperor Sigma skin in the Battle Pass, plus other space opera cosmetics.
Fans can also expect new balance changes, as well as improvements to competitive play, which you can see in the patch notes below.
Overwatch 2 Season 4 patch notes…
NEW HERO – LIFEWEAVER
– Primary Fire: Healing Blossom
– Alternate Primary Fire: Thorn Volley
– Secondary Fire Ability: Petal Platform
– Ability: Life Grip
– Ultimate: Tree of Life
HERO BALANCE UPDATES FOR BRIGITTE’S RALLY
– Gains 100 restorable armour health pool
– No longer builds temp health
– Bonus movement speed reduced from 30% to 15%
– Size and health of Barrier Shield increased
– Shield Bash impacts multiple enemies and stuns them
COMPETITIVE AND MATCHMAKING UPDATES IN SEASON 4
– Players will no longer see a dip in displayed tier and division after removal of seasonal decay
– Average skill rating of the match will now be displayed at the start of the game
– Current win and loss records will be shown after matches.
– When you reach competitive updates, you’ll be able to see how close you are to the next division in your skill tier.
– Improved matchmaking experience for when players are backfilled into an Unranked match
Source: Read Full Article