Today has seen a brand new update released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Nintendo Switch. The handheld version of the hit CD Projekt RED title has proven a successful port but there have been many gamers hoping to see improvements made. The limited hardware available on the Nintendo console makes it a challenge to make it look as pretty as the other versions of The Wild Hunt.
Fans have been requesting more options to help customise their playthroughs, and finally, today has seen some of those requested changes implemented, along with a few other surprises.
As mentioned above, additional graphical settings and visual fidelity options have been added to the game on Nintendo Switch.
And while this might be the most eye-catching of the changes listed, there’s also been some surprise developments connected to the game’s cross-save system.
Fans can now integrate different save files from Steam and GOG, so long as Mods have not been used.
A message from CD Projekt RED confirms today: “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch has just received a brand new update.
- PS4 VR’s big Dreams update will make owning a PSVR on PS5 worth it
“Among the features introduced by Update 3.6 is save file integration with Steam and GOG, allowing gamers to continue their PC adventure on the go, as well as HUD, menu and Gwent touch control support.
“Additionally, the update expands the range of available text language options for selected regions. More graphical settings can also be found in the options following the update, making it possible to customise visual fidelity.”
The full patch notes have also been shared and early feedback from fans has been very positive.
“A big Thank you to CDPR and Saber Interactive, you guys have more than delivered. That update is awesome,” one user writes.
“The additional Settings are brilliant and all the small tweaks like Grass Physics, Touchscreen support for things like the Map and, last but not least, cross save with GOG/Steam are just amazing and a big gift for your customers. Especially the cross save.”
According to those gamers exploring the new update, additional options now exist for Motion blur Blur effect, Depth of Field, Water Quality, Anti-Aliasing, and Foliage Visibility Range
The full patch notes confirm other changes have also been added through today’s Witcher 3 update. A number of bug fixes have been launched in-game, as well as providing touch-screen support for the Nintendo Switch version.
The full patch notes shared by CD Projekt RED have been shared online and can be found listed below:
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimizations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various gameplay and crash fixes.
While transferring saves from PC, please keep in mind:
- Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
- If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won’t be able to recognize it.
- Additional voice-over languages, added as free DLCs in selected regions, will follow later.
Source: Read Full Article