The reception to Warcraft 3: Reforged has not been great. Activision acknowledged as much in earnings call yesterday, extending the refund window for the remaster while also committing to upcoming patches to fix current issues.
The first update for Reforged, which is out now, is meant to be the first step in that process, and it does some cleaning up around the outskirts. It addresses bugs in the campaign involving mission event triggers and fail states. Blizzard notes that some of these fixes will invalidate prior saves, but will not reset any campaign progress.
Aiming at online fixes, the patch should address issues with invalid map names in multiplayer, as well as crashes associated with Multiboards on custom games. There’s no word yet on when some missing functionality from Classic Warcraft 3 will be restored in Reforged, however. Blizzard indicated that they intend to add much of that functionality in a major update for Reforged in the future.
You can read through the full patch notes below:
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
• Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Custom Games
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
• Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
• Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.
Source: Read Full Article