The next mount to hit World of Warcraft will be chosen by the community from a list of colorful options.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands arrives at the end of October, and with it comes new end-game content, new pets for the Hunter, and a brand new requirement for a solid-state hard drive. For some reason. It’ll also bring a brand new mount, but not until 2021, and not until the players decide which one they want.
Blizzard is hosting a poll right now to decide which mount to make. The poll lasts from now until September 18th at 10 PM EST. Each region has its own poll, and at the end all the votes will be tallied from each region to determine the winner. The winning mount will be added to the Mount Collection tab in Q1 2021 for every Shadowlands player.
There are five options to choose from, including a tree, a book, a spider, a caterpillar, and a slime cat. Here’s the official names and descriptions as they appear on Blizzard’s website:
- Wandering Ancient – Not all ancients are interested in war or lore, some just want to travel the world! A large and leafy mount, the Wandering Ancient invites you to climb aboard and grab ahold of its branches as you embark on a lumbering expedition.
- Soaring Spelltome – In the forgotten depths of the Dalaran library, this oversized tome was found flapping madly around the room. Open the pages of this arcane-infused book and hitch a ride to magical adventure.
- Nerubian Swarmer – When the Helm of Domination shattered, the Nerubians under the control of the Lich King were unleashed. Some were captured by the Argent Crusade and turned by their allies in the Ebon Blade. Now their spidery claws are put to use as mounts, skittering through the frozen tundra of Icecrown in pursuit of the rampaging undead.
- Curious Caterpillar – A curious caterpillar found its way to the Heartland in Valley of the Four Winds one night and gorged itself on the oversized vegetables. The Pandaren of Halfhill awoke the next morning to find the crops half-eaten and an enormous, slumbering caterpillar among them. Too large to become a butterfly, this friendly worm is just the right size to train as a mount.
- Gooey Slimesaber – From the slime pools of Plaguefall emerged all manner of jellied creature, including this sticky kitty. A slimy saber cat that’s dripping with ooze, it’s the kind of mount that you’re going to want to wear gloves for.
North America has almost 100,000 votes so far, and I sincerely hope that all of them are for the Gooey Slimesaber. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to have their crotch coated in goo thanks to a saber-toothed feline?
You can head to the polls by following this link. Shadowlands arrives on October 27th.
Source: Read Full Article