Wednesday’s Nintendo Direct gave us a closer look at a number of Switch games still to come this year. Nintendo had already said the presentation would reveal more details about Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword and Shield, but it also touched on one of this month’s biggest Switch releases: The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening.
Along with showing off some new footage of the upcoming game, Nintendo revealed some additional Amiibo functionality. The company had previously confirmed that tapping a Legend of Zelda Amiibo allows you to add “plus effects” to dungeon rooms in the new dungeon editor mode. During the Direct, we learned that you will also be able to save your custom dungeon layouts to the Zelda Amiibo figures, allowing you to bring them with you and tap them into another player’s game.
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for Switch is a remake of the classic 1993 Game Boy game of the same name. While most of the adventure appears to be unchanged, barring the updated visuals and other quality-of-life improvements, Nintendo has added some new content to the title, such as the aforementioned dungeon editor. As you progress through the game, you’ll acquire Chambers, or dungeon rooms, which you can then arrange in a new area called the Chamber Dungeon to create your own custom labyrinth.
We recently had a chance to play the Link’s Awakening remake at PAX West and thought it was as fun as it is cute. You can hear our thoughts in the video above. For more details about the game, be sure to check out our roundup of everything we know about the Link’s Awakening remake.
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening arrives on Switch on September 20–the same day that both the Nintendo Switch Lite and the humorous Untitled Goose Game release. The game will be available in standard and limited editions; you can read more about those and take a look at what pre-order bonuses are available at different retailers in our Link’s Awakening pre-order guide.
See the Link’s Awakening Amiibo at Best Buy
Nintendo Direct September 2019 News
- Nintendo Direct News Recap For September 2019
- Biggest Nintendo Direct Announcements: SNES Games, Overwatch, And More
- Every Switch Game And DLC Surprise-Released During The Nintendo Direct
- Overwatch Coming To Nintendo Switch
- All 20 SNES Games Coming To Nintendo Switch Tomorrow
- Super Nintendo Games Coming To Switch September 5
- Nintendo Direct: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Adds Banjo-Kazooie To Roster Today
- New Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Character Revealed, And More Are On The Way
- Nintendo Direct: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag And Rogue Come To Switch
- Nintendo Direct: Divinity Original Sin 2 Is Out On Switch Right Now
Source: Read Full Article