The Outer Worlds’ first DLC expansion, Peril on Gorgon, is now available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, with the Nintendo Switch version to come sometime later. This is the first of a two-part expansion pass that will also include “Murder on Eridanos” in early 2021.
Peril on Gorgon raises the level cap to 33 and adds new perks and flaws, three new science weapons, and several armor sets. It also adds a whole new story mission set on a new environment, the Gorgon asteroid. The story revolves around a remote scientific facility that your band of spacers investigate at the request of a mysterious benefactor.
To begin Peril on Gorgon, you need to have finished the Radio Free Monarch main game quest, and the DLC is recommended for players around level 25. Just board your ship and start to travel to any other locations and you’ll get a message prompt that starts the DLC quest.
The Outer Worlds is included through Xbox Game Pass, but you’ll have to purchase the DLC even if you have the base game through your subscription. Game Pass subscribers do get a small discount on the content, though. A tweet from the game’s official Twitter account also noted that on the Epic Games Store, you’ll need to find it under Add-Ons at the bottom of the page.
The DLC update came alongside a patch that includes various fixes. You can check out the full patch notes below.
The Outer Worlds 1.4 Patch Notes
- Necessary files to The Outer Worlds, Peril on Gorgon have been added.
- Fixed an issue where unique items wouldn’t be for sale if the player visited the vendor before reaching a certain level
- Fixed electric fence states not always persisting when saving and loading
- Fixed the “Confidence” Perk persisting incorrectly when using certain weapons
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could soft-lock when reactivating Devil’s Peak Station
- Fixed an issue where the Robophobia Flaw could persist even when no automechanicals were present
- Fixed an issue where the player could get trapped in an endless interrogation with certain automechanicals
- Added better messaging to the Vendor screen for when the player has insufficient bits
- Added better messaging for save compatibility on the Load Save menu
- Fixed an issue with windows incorrectly persisting when the user disconnected a controller
- Fixed an occasional display issue on the Reputation screen
- Corrected the controller mapping screen when controls are set to “Lefty”
- Fixed certain types of Armor Mods being mislabeled on the Workbench screen
- Adjusted backgrounds of Quest screen to improve text readability
- Added a description for the “Combat Only” reticle option
- Fixed a typo in the description of the “Steady Hand” buff
- Fixed an issue where inputs could stop working after opening the ledger from the pause menu
Source: Read Full Article