Japanese publisher Square Enix has officially confirmed that PS4’s Final Fantasy VII Remake will launch worldwide on March 3, 2020. The release date announcement was made during a Final Fantasy concert held prior to the official opening of E3 2019. Square Enix will have a press conference ahead of the E3 show floor opening, but the company has also chosen to give the much-anticipated remake its own time in the limelight.
The release date was preceded by a new trailer, which you can see above. It features Cloud, Barret, and a few other familiar faces taking on the Bombing Mission from the opening of the original Final Fantasy VII. We also get to see the new-look Omnislash, which looks as cool as we remember it being way back in 1997. The major difference from the original that is shown in the trailer is towards the end, where Aerith grabs hold of Clouds hand as a strange black entity envelops them.
The Final Fantasy VII remake has had a lengthy development journey and, over the years, fans have been kept mostly in the dark. This has changed recently, as Square Enix has been delivering more information and even providing glimpses at how the game looks and plays. Most recently, Final Fantasy VII Remake was featured in a PlayStation State of Play livestream held in May.
E3 2019 Conference Schedule
- Monday, June 10, 10 AM PT — PC Gaming Show
- Monday, June 10, 12 PM PT — Limited Run Games Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 1 PM PT — Ubisoft Press Conference
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT — Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT — Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT — Nintendo Direct Showcase
A release date is big news, but we expect there will be more to see of the game at Square Enix’s E3 press conference on Tuesday, June 11, at 6PM PT. That will also deliver the official reveal of another hugely anticipated Square Enix game, Marvel’s Avengers.
You can stay up to date on everything happened at E3 2019 by using our full press conference schedule. You’ll also be able to follow our E3 coverage from the show floor to get exclusive impressions on the biggest upcoming games.
More E3 news:
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Elden Ring is From Software and George RR Martin’s new game
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake announced
Source: Read Full Article