Red Dead Online players, look sharp. This week Rockstar has announced it will be giving away a nice free hat to anyone that takes extra steps to secure their account.
First of all, enabling Two-Factor Authentication should be a no-brainer, really: it makes it a lot harder for would-be hackers to compromise your account and pilfer your hard-earned progress, items or whatever else you’ve got squirreled away in there.
Secondly, you get a new hat! It’s a win-win, really.
That’s not all, though: Rockstar has also revealed anyone that sets up Two-Factor Authentication will also nab 10 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online and GTA$500,000 in GTA Online. Good stuff.
But how do you do it, and how do you claim your rewards? Here’s everything you need to know.
How do I Set Up 2-Step Verification on my Social Club account?
Rockstar 2-Step Verification can be set up using either an authenticator app on a mobile device or a browser-based authenticator app.
2-Step Verification requires verification of the email associated with your Social Club account prior to setting it up.
For a list of recommended 2-Step Verification authentication apps, you can check this link.
Once you have selected a 2-Step Verification app, you can set it up using the following steps:
- Ensure you have an authenticator app on an accessible mobile device or added to your browser
- Log into your Social Club account
- Go to Settings, choose the ‘2-Step Verification’ tab, and click on ‘Setup’
- Scan the QR code that appears on the page using your authenticator app or option in your browser
- If you are unable to scan the QR code, a Secret Key option is also available. Secret Keys can be entered into the authentication app, allowing you to add 2-Step Verification to your account manually
- Once the QR Code is scanned or Secret Key is entered
- Enter your Social Club account password in the field below the QR Code
- Enter the code found on your authenticator app into the verification code field
- Click on ‘Verify’
- 2-Step Verification has now been added to your Social Club account
- Red Dead Redemption 2
Source: Read Full Article