Fortnite developer Epic Games has announced plans to release a brand new update on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android. Fortnite update 26.30 has an October 10 release date on all platforms. While the new update will introduce new gameplay features, limited-time game modes and the game’s annual Halloween festivities, it will also be accompanied by a period of server downtime, which kicks off at 8am BST UK time.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a preview about what to expect.
“A little bit scary, and a lot of fun…” reads an Epic tweet. “v26.30 downtime begins at 3 AM ET, and matchmaking will be disabled shortly beforehand.”
With the Fortnitemares event launching as part of the update, Epic has warned fans to expect a larger download than usual.
“Please note that the v26.30 update file size will be larger than usual on some platforms.”
According to Fortnite insider Hypex, update 26.30 will add the Vampire Stake Shotgun, as well as the Pumpkin Launcher, Witch Brooms and Candy. That’s on top of the Trick or Treat and Witchy Warrior Augments.
Players will also be able to battle a new Vampire boss, and take part in the Horde Rush limited-time game mode.
In addition to a host of new weapons, items and game modes, the update will fix a selection of bugs and gameplay glitches. You can check out the update 26.30 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 26.30 patch notes…
• The exclamation mark above the Quest tab may not clear.
– The exclamation mark above the Quest tab may not clear after clearing all new Quests.
• Some trees are not rendering correctly
– Some players may find that trees are not rendering in correctly and appear sparse.
• Unable to delete presets
– Players are currently unable to delete presets in their locker.
• Mainframe Throwback Quest Pack’s Pickaxe styles display an incorrect texture.
– We are aware of a bug causing the Mainframe Throwback Quest Pack’s Pickaxe styles to display an incorrect texture.
BATTLE ROYALE FIXES…
• Players sometimes experience a long loading screen when loading into the Battle Bus, and may complete the loading screen while already skydiving.
– Players sometimes experience a long loading screen when loading into the Battle Bus, and may complete the loading screen while already skydiving.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article